Watch Around Water
WATCH AROUND WATER
Watch Around Water (WAW) is a campaign educating the public about active supervision, and encouraging parents / guardians to take on the responsibility of this role while visiting aquatic facilities.
The campaign aim is to reduce the number of fatal and non-fatal drowning incidents and associated injuries in public aquatic facilities in Victoria within the 0-14 year age group.
Watch Around Water Policies
1. Children under 10 years:
– Must be accompanied into the centre by a responsible parent / guardian
– Must be constantly and actively supervised
– Parents / guardians must position themselves to have a clear view of the child with no physical or structural barriers between them and the child / children
2. Children under 5 years:
– Must be accompanied into the centre and the water by a responsible parent / guardian
– Must stay within arm’s reach during recreational play activities
3. Children 10 years old and over:
– Parents must use their knowledge of an individual child’s swimming ability and general development to determine the level of accompaniment required
Children under 10 years:
– Maximum 1 Parent / Guardian to 4 Children
Children under 5 years:
– Maximum 1 Parent / Guardian to 2 Children
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
We have four indoor heated pools available to customers, this includes a 50m lap pool, fun pool (kids pool), toddlers’ pool and a Hydrotherapy pool.
Dandenong Oasis offers a female-only environment, providing swimmers a space to feel comfortable and bond with others whilst enjoying the benefits of swimming.
Dandenong Oasis offers Aquatic Programming across the 50m indoor heated pool and the hydrotherapy pool for all ages and abilities.